Driving the essential skills book
where you find the information to be able to answer theory test questions but it is also invaluable for learners, experienced drivers or driving instructors.
Whether you want to know the correct way to negotiate a roundabout, need advice on driving in the dark or how to deal with obstructions, Driving the essential skills is for you.
It is often referenced by driving instructors during practical training and sets the standards by which everyone should drive.
Driving the essential skills
is divided into 23 sections covering everything from the driver and car controls to towing trailers, eco driving, motorway driving, defensive driving, manoeuvring, accidents and everything in between. There are address links to external additional information, and the pages are referenced from the various Theory Test publications.
DRIVING THE ESSENTIAL SKILLS BOOK - MORE INFORMATION
- For your driving life – packed with loads of useful advice to help you stay safe on the roads; ideal for refreshing your knowledge before and after your theory test and practical test
- Pass your theory test – key source material for car and driving instructor theory tests. Study this text for complete test preparation
- Sharpen your driving skills – information on essential driving techniques including overtaking safely, defensive driving and manoeuvring; so you can be confident in any situation
- In all conditions – expert advice on driving safely and confidently at night, in adverse weather conditions, on motorways and through road works
- New features – updated information on vehicle maintenance and security, Eco safe and economical driving, details on the independent driving part of the practical test and smart motorways. This new edition Driving essential skills includes even more information. Learn how to get the most enjoyment from your driving with the correct skills, attitude and behaviour
- Improve your driving skills – includes essential driving techniques, manoeuvres, overtaking and defensive driving, plus advice on driving on motorways, driving at dusk, at night and in all weather conditions including fog, snow and ice
- Be confident in any situation – includes advice on what to do in an incident or emergency, emergency diversion routes, travelling through road works, and what to do if you break down
- Pass your theory test – this is a key source material for car and driving instructor theory tests (alongside The Official Highway Code and Know Your Traffic Signs) – study Driving the essential skills to prepare fully for your test. The official theory test preparation materials are referenced throughout
- Save money and the environment – learn about Eco safe driving and how you can make your fuel go further
- Practical test advice – includes details on independent driving and car maintenance essentials which are required for the ‘show me, tell me’ part of the test
Driving the essential skills